More self nurturing ideas
Listen to my favorite music
Enjoy a long, warm bubble bath
* Go for a walk
* Share a hug with a loved one
* Relax outside
* Practice feeling contented
* Physical activity (of my choice)
* Spiritual prayer
*Attend a caring support group
* Practice diaphragmatic breathing
* Do stretching exercises
* Reflect on my positive qualities: " I am…"
* Watch the sunrise/sunset
* Concentrate on a relaxing scene
Create a collage representing "the real me"
Receive a massage
* Reflect on: "I appreciate…."
Write my thoughts and feelings in a personal journal
Attend a favorite athletic event
Do something adventurous!
Read a special book or magazine
* Sing, hum, dance or whistle a happy tune!
Play a musical instrument
* Spiritual meditation
Work with plants (gardening)
Learn a new skill
See a special play, movie or concert
Work out with weights
Ride a bike or motorcycle
Make myself a nutritious meal
Draw/paint a picture
* Swim, float, wade, relax in a pool, or on the beach
Visit a special place I enjoy
* Smile & say : "I love myself."
* Take time to smell the roses (and other flowers I enjoy!)
* Imagine myself achieving my goals and dreams
Go horseback riding
* Reflect on "my most enjoyable memories"
* Enjoy a relaxing nap
Visit a museum/art gallery
* Practice yoga
Relax in a whirlpool /sauna
Enjoy a cool, refreshing glass of water or juice
* Enjoy the beauty of nature
* Count my blessings: "I am thankful for…"
* Play as I did as a child
* Star gaze- stay up late, get up early!
* Window shop
* Tell myself the loving words I want to hear from others
Attend a special workshop
Go sailing/paddle boating
Reward myself with a special gift I can afford
Take myself on a vacation
Create with clay/pottery
* Practice positive affirmations
* Pet an animal
* Watch my favorite TV show
* Reflect on my successes: "I CAN…."
Make a bouquet of flowers
* Relax: watch the clouds
Make myself something nice
* Visit a park/woods/forest
Read positive, motivational literature
* Reflect on: "What I value most in life…"
Phone a special friend
Go on a picnic in a beautiful setting
Enjoy a gourmet cup of herbal tea or coffee
Participate in a favorite sport, game, recreation
* Practice a relaxation exercise
* Practice the art of forgiveness
Treat myself to a nutritious meal at a favorite restaurant
Participate in a hobby
* Practice feeling awe for life
* Discover a new place
* Hug a tree!
* "Meow" with a cat; " bark " with a dog, "chirp" with a bird !
* Create my own list of self- nurturing activities
source site: click here